Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Time is Money

I was raised hearing "time is money." More accurately my mother used to say "time is marching." They mean similar things to me. Time is important. How quickly you complete a task can determine success or failure.

Each sales representative has their own time table they work on. For me, due to prior commitments, I travel very little during the first quarter of the year. However, from mid-March through June I am traveling constantly. I have a large region to cover and most likely will have ONE OPPORTUNITY to introduce new lines in person to everyone. If they like what they see I may have more chances. However, if a new line has not sent me samples and a catalog when I visit 'Morgan City, LA,' that opportunity will be lost.

It may be inconvenient to get literature and samples to sales reps quickly. It may feel like you are rushing to do this and then - nothing. But it is only your product that is not being sold or shown. Others are. Sales reps typically pay for their gas, hotel rooms, and office supplies themselves. If you want to operate on your own schedule, hire your own sales staff and pay them a salary plus commission and expenses. Otherwise, do yourself and your sales representatives a favor and help them help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment